The Swiss Private Equity & Corporate Finance Association (SECA) is the representative body for Switzerland‘s private equity, venture capital and corporate finance industries. SECA has the objective to promote private equity and corporate finance activities in Switzerland.
Private Equity refers to equity investments in privately held, non-quoted companies ("Beteiligungsfinanzierungen"). Corporate Finance Services are advisory services related to mergers, acquisitions, buyouts and the financing of companies.
The association is a non-profit organization and has the following purposes:
- to promote corporate finance and private equity activities in the public and the relevant target groups;
- to promote the exchange of ideas and the cooperation between members;
- to contribute to the professional education and development of the members and their clients;
- to represent the members views and interests in discussion with government and other bodies;
- to establish and maintain ethical and professional standards.
In addition to promoting private equity & corporate finance aspects in the public, SECA provides a platform to its members to exchange information and experiences. The main activities of SECA are:
- Seminars, events and trend luncheons about relevant topics
- Publication of statistics about private equity investment and management buyout activities in Switzerland
- Weekly edition of a newsletter SECA eNewsletter (archive: for members only)
- Working groups (e.g. working on a Code of Conduct of PE investments)
- Contacts of other associations and state bodies (lobbying)